Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Master Cleanse - Step One

If you read my tag line, and my about me, then you know that the point of this blog is to document my journey from where I am now to where I want to be. I am writing about it because I want to keep myself honest.  My blog is going to be about not only my diet but also my exercise and my emotional well-being.  I think all of those things matter in being a healthy person. Also, grammar, punctuation, etc. are not my strong suit.  I know I am a law student, and I worry about these things most of the time, but on here, not so much.  Just be aware.

Now that you have my background spill - here is what I am doing to start that journey:

I am currently doing the master cleanse.  It is also known as the lemonade diet.  You drink nothing but this homemade lemonade concoction.  It's gross.

Recipe:
2 tablespoons fresh, squeeze lemon juice
2 tablespoons organic, grade B maple syrup
1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you can stand it)
10 oz. distilled water

That is all you get to eat or drink (aside from a laxative tea or the salt water flush) for ten days.  Yup, that's right, TEN WHOLE DAYS.  If you want to know more about it, just google it.

I am on day three.  I am doing the master cleanse because I want to rid my body of all the toxins I know it has stored away.  I have eaten like crap most of my life.  This is no offense to my mother, who fed me a very well-balanced diet as a child.  But when I was old enough to choose what I wanted to eat, let's just say I crashed and burned.  I used to sit and eat an entire box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  That's right, an entire box!  That gave me not only my daily serving of sodium, but the next day's serving as well.  And that is only the tip of the ice berg.  But we won't get into why my dietary habits were terrible.  Let's just say, they were.  And I am determined to change that.

To be as effective as possible in achieving these goals I want to cleanse my body.  Hence, the master cleanse.

To recap:

Monday was day one.  It was not as bad as I thought.  The lemonade tastes terrible but the tea is quite enjoyable.  I am not really hungry, just craving the things I cannot have (like banana bread, gold fish, apples, etc.).  I don't want to eat them necessarily, I just have this urge to chew on them.  I know this makes me sound like a dog, but it is true.  I want to chew on some food rather than slurp it through a straw.

Tuesday was day two.  It was even easier than day one.  My cravings are less, but still there.  The lemonade is still as bad as ever.  I was feeling weaker but not to an extreme degree.  The laxative tea works, but in a way that I am not willing to openly describe on a public blog.  If you have questions then comment with your e-mail and I will be more than happy to share.

Today is day three.  It is even easier.  The biggest problem is that I have lost my desire to drink the lemonade.  I have to do it though.  Six glasses a day.  I just don't want to.  I guess that this is good practice for when I am going to have work out when I don't want to.  I have to wrap my head around the idea that I have to be my own motivation.

The worst part of this is not being able to go do things with my friends because I don't want to be tempted with food.  Delicious food. Haha, maybe this isn't as easy as I thought!

Welp, I think that is it for this post.  I am going to post about various things as time goes on.  Tomorrow I think I might tackle high fructose corn syrup (as well as a description of day four).  If you know me, even a little, you will know that banning high fructose corn syrup is a crusade of mine.  That stuff is terrible.  Tune in tomorrow for my opinions on the matter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment