Monday, October 25, 2010

Last Day of Master Cleanse and Monday Night Football

I am still covered in hives.  They still itch.  Not much more to say on that front.

Today I got to eat real food.  I cheated a bit and ate ice cream about fifteen minutes ago.  I ate pretty well today but I did not take in as many calories as I should have.  I am counting calories for the sole purpose of ensuring that I get enough of them in a day.  I have a really bad habit of not eating the proper number of calories.  Some days I eat more than I should and others I don't even break 900.  My goal is to get between 1,000 and 1,200 everyday.  When I am exercising I am shooting for between 1,500 and 1,800 calories. 

I got to make something that I love today - grilled asparagus.  I put a little bit of EVOO on the bottom of a pan.  Then I put the washed, and patted dry, asparagus spears in the oil.  I put them over low heat and wait about 90 seconds; then I turn the spears.  I wait another 30 seconds and take them out.  Then I cover them with Himalayan pink salt and pepper.  I eat them like french fries.  They are delicious and crunchy! Yummy yum yum.

I am happy to be done with the master cleanse but I am not looking forward to having to watch what I eat.  For instance, I learned that the cookies in the Brief Stop have around 900 calories A PIECE.  That is just absurd!! That is almost my entire daily caloric intake! Gracious.  No more cookies for me!

This master cleanse has led me to look for healthy recipes of the things that I love to eat.  I have found a few that I am looking forward to trying.  I am not going to be giving up everything I enjoy eating, or that I want to try, but I am going to seriously cut back my sugar intake.

Onto other things.  FOOTBALL.  I love football.  I am a New York Giants fan.  No I was not born in New York and I have never lived in New York.  I am just a Giants fan.  It is just how things are.  Tonight is the Giants versus the Cowboys.  Just ask T, I have been screaming at the TV all night.  This game is actually partly the reason I ate the ice cream.  Two turn overs in the first 3 minutes!  The boys have got to get it together! I don't think we are gonna lose (at least I hope not) but it is frustrating!! I get a little caught up in the game.  R joked that he could hear me yelling from barracks.  His little sister jokes about me and football.  I just love the game.  I watch most of the games, not just the ones where the Giants play.  I just love football.  (Do you think I have said that enough?!).

Alrighty, back to the game.  I hope everyone has a fantastic night.  As an aside, if you read could you please follow?  It would just be nice to know who is reading my blog.  Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment