Thursday, November 18, 2010

Friends

Good friends are hard to find.  They are, in fact, almost impossible to find.  But they are incredibly important to one's emotional health.  I have been blessed with many good friends.  Some even great friends.  They are truly the things that keep me going when everything else is falling down.  When I think that I cannot survive one more day, or even one more minute, in whatever it is that I am doing, I have so many people who immediately come to my rescue it is almost overwhelming.  My goal in life is to love and be loved.  I am currently mastering that goal.

The reason I am writing this post is because my friends (and myself) are all having a hard time.  It is like the world decided that this week needed to be the WORST WEEK EVER for all of us, AT THE EXACT SAME TIME.  Deadlines are approaching, things are falling apart, people are fighting (or maybe that one is just me), and things just do not want to go the way they should.  It is terrifying.  And it is also hard.  Because when everyone around you is falling down, who do you latch onto to keep from drowning? I have realized something.  Even when I feel like I am going to die, taking care of my friends is not a burden, or something I do not have the emotional energy for.  It is something that, without even thinking, I can step up and do.  It is second nature.  And the reason it is second nature?  Because they do the same for me.  Even when I can look at them and KNOW that they are drowning, and not ask for help, they step up.  They know me, and they see my need, and they answer it.  I think, aside from a few rare instances in college (my roommates my last semester there, my hall mates in Chandler, and my self-defense partner - love you guys), I have never been in a situation like that.  My friends in law school are amazing.  They are loving, kind, accepting, understanding, and just all around awesome people.  I am blessed to have them in my life.

So I guess the overall moral of the story is that good friends are hard to find.  And great ones are even rarer. But I have found them.  And I love them.  And without them, I would be nothing.  So I love you all, and you know who you are!

P.S.
This post is not limited to my law school friends.  I have a few friends from other places (one of whom technically counts as a law school friend now) that are great as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment