Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Goodbyes Are The Hardest Part

The worst part about opening a new chapter in life is closing the old one. I am so happy to be done with law school and so proud of everyone that I have been able to hide from my upset at saying goodbye. My friends, who have become my family and one of the best parts of me, are scattering. For the first time it is becoming real that in August we won't all be coming back to the same place. We won't see each other all the time. They will not be within walking distance whenever I want to be near them.

What I am realizing, though, is that goodbyes are not for keeps. The people that I have met here, that I have fallen in love with here, they will stay with me forever. They don't know it yet, but they can't get rid of me. When they are 90, sitting in their rocking chairs shaking their canes at the annoying children running in the street, they are still going to have to put up with me. So get ready everyone. Just because you are moving away, and on to the next chapter, you never get to close this one completely. Deal with it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment